Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABS4 Plumbing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
277 Views, 3 Replies

ABS4 Plumbing

Why can't I draw a plumbing style line with a drop at the end of it. The
only way I can produce the drop is to continue the line horizontally again.
I have many situations where this does not happen. Am I going to have to
create a fitting to do something ABS4 is supposed to do automatically
already? Is there something I am not doing right?

Harvey
Conway Engineering
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmcfaddn
in reply to: Anonymous

Many have had this complaint. You can do a search to see the other comments about this. Sounds like you need to spend a few thousand more for the PRO version. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
advandes

I had the same issue and your not going to believe what you have to do to add the drop.....1)Left click on the schematic pipe, 2)Right click and choose Schematic Pipe Properties, 3)In the Rise/Drop Elevation Overides section check the box that applies to which end of the pipe you want to add the fitting, (start or end). 4) If you want a rise type + and a distance, if you want a drop type a - and a distance. 5) If it does not work there are many other settings that have to made, and I don't have the time to explain them all. I had to experiment with the rise drop styles.....OH what a mess for something sooooo simple....6)Complain to Autodesk that this is rediculous and that the symbol should appear if we wish to terminate a pipe run with a rise or drop. 7) Wait for the improvement......to be continued.
AAG
Advance Design
Message 4 of 4
ramesh_7199

Is there something you are doing right or not? then please contact below.

We take pleasure in introducing ourselves as an organization offering drafting , scanning(raster to vector), Architecture, Construction, Planning, CAD Conversion, Drafting Services & 3D Rendering.

We have experience in doing various types of jobs viz. Mechanical, Fabrication, Structural, Component Fabrication, Electrical, Piping, Civil, Fire Fighting Systems, etc.

We have a team of well qualified and fully trained draftsmen / cad operator and good equipment to meet your requirements.

QUALITY AND NEATNESS IS OUR SPECIALTY

We hope that our office is in line with your requirements and look forward to have a long and mutually beneficial association.

Our email address: query@convert2cad.com

Thanks

Ramesh Kommana
www.convert2cad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost