Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Controllers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ductman
451 Views, 3 Replies

3D Controllers

Does anyone here use a 3D controller such as any of the models from [3Dconnexion?|http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php] I used one of their entry level controllers at a CAD conference last year and it's advantages over a traditional mouse weren't readily apparent to me for MEP drafting. My employer is hearing good things about them at the SMACNA convention, so I'm willing to keep an open mind. It just seemed to me in the few minutes I had to tinker with one that it would be better for products like Inventor.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RibbonHater
in reply to: ductman

I use one with Navis. For myself I see no advantage with MEP.

You have to watch those bosses. They are the ones who go to shows and come back with $20,000 in software that's worthless just because they saw a sales man use it on a sample that has all the bugs worked out.
Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown

I find that it does not add anything to autocad MEP but find it invaluable for navisworks. I can hardly navigate without it.
Message 4 of 4
ductman

Thanks for the feedback guys! GolfBum, you damn near made me spit water over my keyboard when I read that 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost