Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I find valves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjmpe
1953 Views, 2 Replies

where do I find valves

where do I go to look for valves? all kinds vic/ flanged/screwed etc. I went into pipe fittings where I thought they might be...but nothing...

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jerry.wms
in reply to: mjmpe

Valves are actually MVPARTS. you can find them a couple of different ways.

1. open content browser (CTRL+4). Look under <MEP DEFAULT TOOLS IMPERIAL<PIPING<ACCESSORIES. (See attached screen shot) Left click and hold on the type of vavle you want. either drag it into your drawing or drag it onto a tool pallette for easy future access. once you have dragged the valve into your drawing, the ADD MULTI-VIEW PARTS window will open and you will be able to select a wide variety of valves.
  2. You can also find valves on your HOME tab<BUILD<EQUIPMENT. This will open the ADD MULTI VIEW PARTS window and you will be able to navigate through the list of MVPARTS to find the valve you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jerry.wms

Once you have inserted a particular valve in your project you can drag and drop that valve to a tool palette for easy retrevial in the future.  You can also just type the MVPARTADD command to bring up the mvpart dialog.  This will bring up the dialog without any filters in place.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost