Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool pallettes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
289 Views, 6 Replies

tool pallettes

ABS 2006

I have some server based tool palettes. I drag and drop them into my tool palettes from the content browser with the dropper.

I make sure and save the drawing and close out of ABS. I come back in and the tool palettes are not there again. They won't seem to save as part of my profile. I have to add them each time I load ABS.

Autorefresh is set to on
It is loading the correct profile when ABS loads
profile is not set to read only
all paths are correct
tried exporting a group of tool palettes
tried exporting profile

I am out of ideas. I have been fighting this for over a week. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Message was edited by: tschrage Message was edited by: tschrage
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the palettes not there, or are they just not in the group? I.e., after you restart ABS, if you dropped in a palette called 'XYZ', does it show up in the palette customize list... check by right clicking on the tool palette title bar, and select Customize... scroll through the list of palettes to see if your palettes are there.

I'd also suggest that you monitor what is happening in your tool palettes path as you drag and drop palettes in... i.e., the Tool Palettes File Locations in the Files tab of Options. Open that folder in Windows Explorer, then drag and drop a palette from the content browser to your tool palettes... does an .atc file starting w/ .the name of the palette show up in that folder?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

They show up there in the customize menu just fine when dropping them in.

Its upon exiting ABS either through the "zero drawing state" first or just closing out with a drawing open, when I reload ABS those palettes are gone. I have to go back into the content browser and drop them back in to my tool palette.
Message 4 of 7
Martin__Schmid

How 'bout the other suggestion... checking the folder where the .atc files should end up?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

We have had alot of the same problems adding the customized palettes across the network. There is another way to add palettes and keep that link in case you update them. You may want to try it out since its been working fine for us.

Under Format>Options
Go to the Files Tab. In here you will find a "Tool Palette File Locations". Under this category you will see 1 or 2 local file paths. Click the "add" button on the right and then browse to the location of the saved palettes. Once you do this, click okay and go to the customize window of your tool palettes. Their you will find your custom palettes. Drag the palettes into a palette group and you are done. Now the next time you open abs you will have your palettes attached to your group.

*make sure the palette location you are pointing to is write protected from the users, since any changes made to the palettes will affect everyone linked to them. If the palettes are read only you will notice a lock symbol on the bottom right of the palette.

*to create the palettes to begin with, copy the palette folder from the local location of the person who is customizing the palettes. Make sure to delete any general palettes so that you dont have the same palette in 2 location.

I attached a screenshot. i hope i made at least some sense, if not let me know.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies.

After much headache last night, during an attempted "repair" of the registry and install I managed to botch my install to the point it would hand indefinitely where the toolbars would load.

I ended up reinstalling ABS and now everything works as it should. I have no idea what the problem was but it works now and thats all I care about. Thanks again.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

guy
let us find out how it happens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report