Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

round take off from the square duct

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tompilzys
871 Views, 3 Replies

round take off from the square duct

Hello

Im trying to connect a round duct to the side of square duct. I had no problem with that in MEP2012, now in 2013 it seems to be a problem. In the attached file you can see what i mean - the exclamation mark that shows up after connection is made. I guess it is because the round duct is slip join, and square duct is generic flange, but this is the way it should be.

Anyone maybe has an idea to make this kind of connection in an easy way?

regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

maybe by using the middle connector on the square duct and after you change the duct class.

I'm on Autocad MEP 2013 and i try to do the same like i see on your picture and i have no problem.

When you put your mouse on the exclamation mark, what is the message error ?

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )
Message 3 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: tompilzys

I am able to connect a Generic Slip Joint round duct to a flanged joint rectangular joint without any issues.  Have you checked that the system definitions that you are using are part of the same system group?  If they are part of different system groups then they will not connect properly.

Message 4 of 4
tompilzys
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I tried a few solutions, nothing helped. I deleted that part of ducts and redrawed it. And then it was ok. So everywhere where i needed to make some changes i redrawed the parts. I guess it is problem of different versions. In other drawings i dont have this problem, so nevermind. It must something about that specific drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost