Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ploting mep piping layouts

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jimknust
1166 Views, 10 Replies

ploting mep piping layouts

I am having trouble ploting my layouts in mep 2013.  I have 3 layouts: plan view, elevation and isometric views.  my plan view is set to 2d wireframe visual style and the elevation and isometric are set to hidden visual style.  The elevation and Isometric print off very light and some piping does not even show up at all.  I have tryed to change the piping to heaver line weights and still does not print correctly. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jcleghorn
in reply to: jimknust

Check the "plot object lineweights" in the plot manager, as it can sometimes get turned off and cause strange things to happen, especially light line weight in printing.

Message 3 of 11
jimknust
in reply to: jcleghorn

I have my plot object lineweight checked. Could it have something to do with the visual styles?  I have been messing with them and have had no luck.

Message 4 of 11
jcleghorn

If you think it may be visual styles, try setting the style within the Mview window rather than the model view.

Message 5 of 11
jimknust
in reply to: jcleghorn

sorry for the confusion. I have made 3 different viewports and have set those viewports with my visual styles. I have tryed messing with the opacity and various othere settings. What i have done is created my model and made my elevation, isometric and plan view from this, and now getting it to show up with my line weights is my only problem.  Have you done this before and if so how do you contol the lineweight when it is printed off?

I am profecient in autocad and I have no problem with it.  I did not know if MEP was different sicne I am working with a 3d model?

Message 6 of 11
jimknust

when I print it off the lines show up light and they look very pixilated almost like a dotted line.  I have not figuret out how to modify this setting or if there is a setting to do this on.

Message 7 of 11
JoeVernice

Try setting the viewport's shade plot to legacy hidden. You can do this using the properties pallet.

JMV

Message 8 of 11
jimknust
in reply to: JoeVernice

Thank you very much.  That works great.  I have been trying to figure this out for some time now.  Thank you. 

Message 9 of 11
jimknust
in reply to: JoeVernice

I have one question for you, changing to legacy hidden got all of the piping to show up but a couple. Do you have any tips on how to get the remaining to show up?  My layout looks great on screen, but when I print the few pipes are missing? It is weird one pipe shows just one side of the pipe where another segment is completly missing? Have you had this problem before?

Message 10 of 11
magnolouis

Hi just an update when you turn the viewport on hidden also try changing the fast sillhoutes setting to 1 which is 3 on default settings. This will give clarity to your 3D print outs.

Message 11 of 11
jimknust
in reply to: magnolouis

Thank you I will give that a try also. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost