Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting the right coupling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjmpe
600 Views, 2 Replies

inserting the right coupling

Okay, I am not liking this program at all....This is my problem now, can you walk me thru the steps please.

I started drwg with a piece of victualic pipe, clicked on the plus to make a 90 degree bend. A box comes up to "choose a part", I click on general pipe, scroll down to grooved-generic elbow, click okay. Then another box comes up with only ductile iron pipe (us imperial) to choose from it only gives me grooved-steel-style 38 coupling or grooved-steel-Depend-O-lok coupling which is neither of what I would use. What do I do to fix this? can you please walk me thru this.

I went on to U-tube to see if there was something that showed me how to fix set up my drwg. so that only the fittings come up that I use.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kwizats_haderack
in reply to: mjmpe

Hi,

before beginning to draw your pipes and ducts, you have to manage the different classes and specifications for your job by configuring all in "stylemanager".

It's not very easy to do, so i hope you are an expert on Autocad MEP management and on specifications routing for pipes and ducts.

I do the same for my company and it takes me 1 month to finalize the template.

Good luck and i hope you are not alone to do the job...........

Bien cordialement / Best regards

----------------------------------------------------

Erwan ( FRENCH AUTOCAD M.E.P CAD/BIM MANAGER )
Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

Hi Mjmpe,

It sounds as if you do not have your pipe routing preference set up correctly.  You can do this by starting the command PIPEPREFDEF to bring up the style manager filtered to pipe routing preferences.  From there you can create a new routing preference preset with the sizes and fittings that you need.

Check out the help file at this link

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocadmep/enu/online-help/browse#WS1a9193826455f5ff-3a29af00119afd28e9...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost