Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub combination direction

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jpearson197605
460 Views, 2 Replies

hub combination direction

I start a sloped line from left to right and the slope is a +1/8". When I pick the pipe and use the "+" the combination goes in opposite the flow. The joint dirction is "female to male". this puts the elbows in right but the combination goes in opposite the flow. If I change the direction of flow the combo inserts right but the elbows are wrong.

see attached snips

Thank you,

John Pearson

Thank you,

John Pearson
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pothied
in reply to: jpearson197605

The flow direction tools in AutoCAD MEP are more designed for calculations than they are for fitting orientation. If a fitting come in with the wrong orientation, then you can flip it to the correct orientation by using the flip grip on the fitting. Just pick the fitting and pick the arrow grip and the fitting should reorient itself. I think that you will find that fittings like the ones that you are using will orient best if you draw in the direction of flow (negative slope). 

David Pothier

Message 3 of 3

I tried the negative slope and they were still opposite of slope. The funny this is that it will put them in right with zero slope.

Thank you,

John Pearson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost