Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy/paste problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hobodog1
434 Views, 5 Replies

copy/paste problems

I'm trying to copy/paste an MEP electrical/lighting dwg to my cad 2013 floor plan dwg.

When I paste it nothing shows up or I get the letter W. How do I solve this problem?

Chuck 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joel.palioca
in reply to: hobodog1

Hello,

It sounds like you are looking for the AutoCAD forums is this correct?  If so I can move this post to those forums if needed.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
hobodog1

Yes. Thank you

central

Chuck Jenkins

Chuck@CentralFireProtection.Net

CAD Coordinator

Office: (214) 496-9797

Fax: (214) 496 9201

http://www.CentralFireProtection.Net
Message 4 of 6
pendean

The correct procedure is to export the MEP drawing to AutoCAD from the source first,
Plain AutoCAD can't handle the content properly.
Message 5 of 6
marco.defina

You need to export in this way.

Immagine.jpg

If you export in 3D view will the program export a 3D dwg with solid, if you select top, front, etc... view you will have a 2D plan exported.

After this you can copy and paste.

Good Luck.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 6 of 6
Keith.Brown

@hobodog1 wrote:

I'm trying to copy/paste an MEP electrical/lighting dwg to my cad 2013 floor plan dwg.

When I paste it nothing shows up or I get the letter W. How do I solve this problem?

Chuck 

Instead of copying you should really be xrefing the plan in. 

Also, Autocad has shipped with object enablers for AutoCAD MEP for several years so it can display the content without any issues.  You will however not be able to manipulate it.  So unless you need to move things you can just use the original file without exporting anything.  If you need to export just be aware that everything is converted to a dumb solid and is no longer 'smart'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost