Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic layer assignments

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
333 Views, 2 Replies

automatic layer assignments

When I draw a Duct, MEP adds the size of the duct on the G-Anno-Std-Labl layer whether this is an existing, demo, or new duct. This creates problems when using a demo plan as an xref for a new work plan, which is standard practice here as a way to ensure you're using the same existing conditions in both your demo and new work plans.

In the new work drawings, the demo layers are frozen, but with the way MEP is set up now, the labels are still there. I can freeze this layer too, but than I can't use the labels on the new work either, or I can manually changing the demo labels to a new layer.

Of course, this is not only extra work but also leaves room for error, so I'm interested in finding a way to manipulate MEP's automatic layer assignments to put the labels on a demo duct on a layer seperate from the labels for new work and existing duct.

Does anyone know how to do this and might be so kind as to share? Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Qwaldo
in reply to: Anonymous

Tick the box "USE LAYER OVERRIDE FOR SYSTEM DEFINITION" on your label style (documentation object in the style manager)

For each system definition pick an override in your status field
X-Existing
R-To Remove
0-Non set

Probably.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

i have the same issue. i can insert tools from tool palette. But it is in 0 Layer. it is not assigning automatically. how can i assign the respective layer key and layer to the objet.please help me to proceed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost