Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk quantity takeoff 2009

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1270 Views, 6 Replies

autodesk quantity takeoff 2009

will Autodesk Quantity take off 2009 work with autocad MEP 2009 ? Can we use this for calculating the quantites for MEP Drawings..

Regards
Suresh
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: Anonymous

My understanding is that it should, however, I have not had a chance to install to verify.

What types of quantities do you want to take off? I.e., quantities of devices (lighting fixtures, receptacles by type, etc, lengths/sizes of sheet metal (ducts), pipe diameters, lengths, etc?

Hopefully my DVD will arrive soon so I may further investigate. If you have more specific information about what you're trying to accomplish, it may help me guide by tinkering.

TIA-
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Martin!

Evidently I didn't get the memo....

Where can I find QTO on the ADN download site?

John Murdoch
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

It should, however your info is probably limited to what information is tagged to the object. I'm almost certain DWFS published from Revit MEP will do what you want. I'll play around with that this afternoon. For grins publish your MEP drawings to DWF and then view them in ADR. What you see there is what you will get in QTO.
Message 5 of 7
Martin__Schmid

When publishing to DWF from AutoCAD MEP, there is an option to include all 'Automatic' PSD information... which is actually quite a bit of info. Additionally, as you point out, any additional PSD info included on the objects will be included as well (i.e., any formula properties, location properties, manual properties, etc...).

HTH,
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Can you please breakdown the difference between "export" and "publish"  When I try to follow your logic above and publish to DWF the only option is to publish to a buzzsaw online site and there are no options for Automatic PSD.  Any help would be appreciated as I am having difficulty in reporting from QTO with any relative description or identity.

I am exploring whether the identity data or type naming in the revit file is really the culprit.  i.e. copper pipes range from 3"4" to 3" and the family is "Standard"  when exporting to QTO the description is random numbering with no distinction between 3/4" and 2".  In addition on the properties palette in QTO the information is sparse and not transfered to the QTO reports with any sense of the material type.

Thanks for any assistance

Brian S. Smith

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

thank you sir

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost