Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Export/Import Tool Palletes nor Groups in ACAD MEP 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RaulCardonaPendrey
10433 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Export/Import Tool Palletes nor Groups in ACAD MEP 2014

I've been trying to share Tool Palettes and Groups in AutoCAD MEP 2014.  unfortunately I am not getting the option to do so when I go to the Manage Tab\Customization\Tool Palette the only options I see in the dropdown after right-clicking a Palette or Group are Rename, New Palette and Delete.  Everywhere I look for help tells me that I should also see Import and Export.

Please help

Raúl

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

That functionality for tool palettes does not exist in AutoCAD MEP.  Instead you should use tool catalogs to share your tool palettes.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Raúl,

1. Save the palette, if not saved yet

a) type _AecContentBrowser b) click on "My Tool Catalog" c) drag the palette here d) close catalog

2. Find this catalog by default "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Autodesk\My Content Browser Library\MEP 2014"

3. Copy and paste on remote PC for example to the same path

4. Type _AecContentBrowser on remote PC > right click on "My Tool Catalog" >

> Publish 'My Tool Catalog' use option - "Leave it in its current location" > Next > specify the folder > Next > Finish

5. Open "My Tool Catalog" >  drag palette on desktop

6. Сheck palette - insert any tool with graphics on desktop, if the graph is present, then ok!

...somehow

Vitaly

Message 4 of 5

Thank you I'll give it a try.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost