Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
balddude
351 Views, 1 Reply

Transformers

Is there any easy way to deal with transformers in MEP?

I know I can connect two panels in Circuit Manager via transformer, but, in plan view, Iwould like to be able to tag the transformers separately, and create a schedule to show the size (instead of calling in out in plan view).

I’m not dealing with 3D, so I really don’t want to use MVParts.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: balddude

Without a mvpart you wont be able to put connectors on your transformers.  I am not an electrical guy but I would assume that without your system being connected it would mess up your panel scheduling.  If that does not matter to you then just create a mvblock.  With an mvblock though you will have to manually add a property set and fill in the information for each tranformer in order to tag it and schedule it.  If you create a mvpart you can fill in the information once and store it in your catalog.  Your tags can read the information stored on the part without creating a property set.

Using a mvpart doesnt mean that it has to be 3D.  It just means that it is able to be displayed differently for different views AND have connectors on it.  Create your mvpart as a 2D block if you want.  The program doesnt care.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost