Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totale Surface Area of Ducts

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
marco.defina
4786 Views, 12 Replies

Totale Surface Area of Ducts

Hello,

i would ask if there is a way to become the totale area of surface of an air duct in the voices of computation, for the invoice.

Example:

Duct length 1000mm 400x400mm
Perimeter multiplied by the length.
Total Area: (400 +400 +400 +400) * 1000 = 1.6 m2

For linear ducts i can make a formula, but for custom ducts and elbows?

Sorry my english.

Thanks.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
marco.defina
in reply to: marco.defina

No one can help me? It's very important for me.

Thank you.

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 3 of 13
Keith.Brown

You can certainly do it but you will need to study the duct fitting in the content builder and come up with the formulas.  This is not a feature that is offered with AutoCAD MEP. 

Message 4 of 13
marco.defina
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank for the response. In native revit ducts i can extract the total area, if i import the ducts in revit MEP will the Total area ducts read from Revit?

Message 5 of 13
Keith.Brown

Revit MEP does not have an import function from AutoCAD MEP to Revit MEP.  So im am sorry but what you are asking is just not possible.

Message 6 of 13
cmoranv

Hi.
Im in the same problem, im looking for a formule for duct surface, i see the post is closed, finally, you find some solution for this?
Best regards.

Carlos Morán.
Message 7 of 13
marco.defina

the solution is that is not possible in autocad MEP. Only in Revit MEP

Message 8 of 13
Keith.Brown

@Energytechbz wrote:

the solution is that is not possible in autocad MEP. Only in Revit MEP

Not totally 100 percent true.  It is possible in autocad mep.  However you will have to develop the formula for each fitting either on the fitting itself using content builder or inside a property set. 

Revit is able to do this for you automatically.  (I have not verified this myself however)

Message 9 of 13
marco.defina

Yes with duct and elbow is simple, you can resolve with a formula or in excel after the export, but with personalized pieces it's little bit stronger to have the exactly surface.

Message 10 of 13
cmoranv

Hi again

If somebody are looking for a solution, i do a formule to calcule the area for rectangular elbows and i report it on one table inside the drawing, maybe can help you

fx is the formule:

--------------------------------------------
fx AREA_CODO_RECT
(([codo_Ancho]+100)*1.57)*(2*([codo_Ancho]+[codo_Alto])/1000000)

fx 1_Heigth
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionHeight]",2)

fx 1_Width
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionWidth]",2)

fx 2_Heigth
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionHeight]",3)

fx 2_Width
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionWidth]",2)

fx 3_Heigth
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionHeight]",3)

fx 3_Width
Left ("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionWidth]",3)

fx codo_Alto
If [LongVarH] = 11 Then
RESULT = [1_Heigth]
ElseIf "[LongVarH]" = 13 Then
RESULT = [2_Heigth]
ElseIf "[LongVarH]" = 15 Then
RESULT = [3_Heigth]
Else
RESULT= "0"
End if

fx codo_Ancho

If [LongVarW]= 11 Then
RESULT = [1_Width]
ElseIf [LongVarW] = 13 Then
RESULT = [2_Width]
ElseIf [LongVarW] = 15 Then
RESULT = [3_Width]
Else
RESULT = "0"
End If

fx LongVarH
Len("[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionHeight]")

fx LongVarW
Len( "[DuctObject:RectangularConnectionWidth]")

-----------------------------

Best regards.

Message 11 of 13
tompilzys
in reply to: cmoranv

Why dont you try BOMTABLES command?
Message 12 of 13
marco.defina
in reply to: tompilzys

It works Smiley Happy

Thank you

Message 13 of 13
cmoranv
in reply to: tompilzys

Because.....  this command was unknow for me

i was looking for a solution and nobody help me.

Excelent and easy, thanks you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost