Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The selected part does not exist in the current catalog

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rafilathif
1826 Views, 1 Reply

The selected part does not exist in the current catalog

I was Created Multi view part object. When i was creating the object that time Fine Everything such as Pipe Connection 2D view Etc... but if i Open next Day My multi view part in not Work in 2014 Inserted Objects are visible on the Drawing but i can not Modify. Because which was i created the Object not in the list. but 2014 i can find that 

Note : I'm Working the MEP Work in the Autocad MEP 2014 & 2015 

If i Create the Object in 2014 why i can not work in the 2015 is there any folder for each virsion. if yes where is the Folders are located and how can i import or insert the object without clasing the Connection?

Thanks and regards

Rafilathif 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: rafilathif

Each version of AutoCAD MEP has its own seperate catalogs.  When creating custom parts you should create a custom catalog and create the part in that catalog.  That way you can migrate the catalog to a new version of AutoCAD MEP when it is released.  In some cases you can share a catalog between versions as long as the file format is the same for each version.  For instance, a catalog created in MEP 2013 could be used in 2014, and 2015 but would not be able to be used in 2012 as the file format is different.  Additionally you can migrate catalogs forward but you cannot migrate them backwards.  In otherwords you can update a catalog from 2012 to 2015 but you cannot downsave a catalog from 2015 to 2012.

You can copy parts between catalogs by navigating to the catalog location and copying the dwg, bmp, and xml file of any specific part you wish to copy.  You can also use the Catalog Editor to copy and move parts around.

I would suggest searching the help file for Catalog Editor to find additional information.  

You can also view an online version of the User Guide.  It is from 2012 but it is still relevant.  There are several chapters on creating custom content.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/sites/default/files/mep_pdf_users_guide_enu_v2.pdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost