Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to MText

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1120 Views, 2 Replies

Text to MText

Why is that while in AutoCAD MEP when I attempt to use the text to mtext command, it says the it is an unknown command?  However, if I open the plain Autocad program, the command is recognized and works fine.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of Autocad and Autocad MEP are you using?  Prior to 2013 they were their own seperate programs but in 2013 they were combined to use the same files.

In either case the command is part of the express tool package and not part of regular autocad itself so you must make sure to install the express tools.  In order to do this you must use the windows control panel and choose to uninstall a program.  This will bring up the uninstall or change a program dialog.  From here choose your version of Autocad MEP and then select the Uninstall/Change button at the top.  This will start the setup program and from here you can tell Autocad MEP that you wish to install the Express Tools.  The steps are the same no matter what version of MEP you are using.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Awesome, that did the trick!  I had assumed the Express Tools had already been installed since the pulldown showed up in the MEP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost