Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Drawing w/Out MEP Layers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Kayrondad
1024 Views, 3 Replies

Standard Drawing w/Out MEP Layers

This may have an easy answer, hopefully.

I am trying to set up a standard drawing that contains only layer 0, only Standard text, dimension and table styles.  Basically, no frills.

I need this for blocks that our LT and non-MEP users use.  What we have now has all sorts of G-layers and the like.  I need to create a standard that will not have any of this or those stupid AEC blocks inundated in it.

I believe this can be taken care of in Style Manager and perhaps Layer Key Styles but not sure.

Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Kayrondad

just use the ACAD template available in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\template\autocad templates

Message 3 of 4
Kayrondad
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks Keith.  I tried that however when I open the template I still have 4 layers that are G-anno and G-bkgd.....Also, I get Annotative text and dimendsion style as well as Stairs_l text and dimension styles....

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Kayrondad

Switch to an autocad profile, open up the style manager by typing stylemanager and delete all styles that are there.  Almost all of them should delete.  Then open up the display manager and delete all styles that you can delete there.  Then run the -purge command and purge all.  You should come up with something like the attached drawing.

If you open up the drawing in Autocad MEP it will add some default information to it which will probably add those layers back into the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost