Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with fittings display

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
adham
541 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with fittings display

Hey all,

I've an problem with Autocad mep 2012 sp1 64 bit, when i changed the layer of elbows ,part of the elbow display still in the last layer as you can see in the attachment pic.

There is anothor problem with display, if i choose an pipe with  size 25mm and down i got  one line display even the visual style on realistic .. Is there a way I can do this? Not sure if its just a setting I can't find or what. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Adham

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: adham

Both of the problems mentioned are controlled by the system definition.  In autocad MEP just because a fitting resides on a certain layer does not mean that it will pick up those layers properties.  It all has to do with the display configuration that you are currently in and how EACH component of the fitting is set to display in that configuration.  Some components are set to display based on the layer, some based on the block, and some are hard wired to always be a certain color.  This can be overridden in several different places and follows a logical hiearchy on the order of preference of the overrides.

The single line display is also more than likely caused by the system defintion and the display configuration that you are currently in.  If you change to MEP Basic 2-line does the single line go away?  If so then your system definition is set to display any pipe of diameter less than or equal to 25mm as single line.  Changing to a MEP Basic 2-line display configuration forces it to display in 2 line.  You can change the system settings inside the style manager under piping and then system definitions.  Look for the single line display tab and you should be able to change the sizing there or even turn it off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost