Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mattgsi
777 Views, 4 Replies

Plotting Issue

I have been having an issue when plotting drawings where we have very large mechanical rooms that we are doing in 3D.  Some of the lines do not plot out or only parts of them do in viewports that are set to hidden.  We do not run into (or at least not yet) in plan views as we don't set those viewports to hidden.  The problem appears to grow the larger the viewport is.  Very small mechanical rooms usually have no issues.  Also, if I take a drawing where this problem occurs and cut the viewport down, again, the problem lessens so it is not a specific drawing issue.  It seems to be directly related to the viewports.

I really hope there is a way around this because I do a ton of Mechanical work in 3D and it is pointless if I cannot get it to plot accurately.

This is in AutoCad MEP 2013.

I have attached a PDF and clouded a couple of areas as an example.  This case is not too bad but I have larger mechanical rooms which equate to larger issues similar to this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kellser
in reply to: mattgsi

Try setting Hideprecision to 1

Message 3 of 5
mattgsi
in reply to: Kellser

Awesome!  That did it.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
psiegert
in reply to: Kellser

How do you keep that system variable from reverting back to "0"?  I set the system variable to "1" and everything plots great.  When I exit autocad, the system variable reverts back to "0".

Message 5 of 5
mattgsi
in reply to: psiegert

I came across that issue as well.  It was not a problem for me, however, because we have several custom commands. For example, we have a custom command that we created that I use everytime before I plot that automatically zooms all, sets the ltscale/psltscale, etc.  I went into that custom command and modified it to include setting the system variable to 1.

Hope this helps!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost