Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PipeObject / DuctObject

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tompilzys
809 Views, 4 Replies

PipeObject / DuctObject

Hello,

Is there a way that PipeObject / DuctObject will be automaticly assigned when i draw pipe/duct? It is annoying to add these properties every time after drawing.

I saw similar post with answer 3 years ago but it is not exaclty what im looking for.

kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: tompilzys

This is not possible without custom programming prior to 2014.  The good news is that with Autocad MEP 2014 you can auto attach your property sets as the object is inserted into your drawing.

Message 3 of 5
tompilzys
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Ok, good to know, at least i can stop searching for it.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: tompilzys

Hi, I have a follow up to this question.

Experimenting with MEP 2014.

I am having trouble assigning property sets to a device style. There is a GUI for this purpose (style manager, device styles, any device general tab, property sets) but the icon for add property set is always disabled. The help option works but doesn't provide much value).

Where I want to get to is that default values for the properties are associated with a specific device style. In my case I am looking at light fixtures. What I am building towards is a library consisting of unique device style for all the common light fixtures I design with (each with an associated block). Each device style is to have parameters such as manufacturer part numbers, lumens, mounting... I certainly do not want to populate these on a device by device basis.

thanks for any insight you can provide.

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: MuirEng

okay, I figured it out. The reason I could not add PSD to device styles is because non of my PSDs were set with "device style" checked. Once I set at least one PSD with that option then this GUI started working.

This is a pet peeve of mine with just about all software. It should tell me when I click an inactive control why it is inactive!

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
Dedicated Sub Forum For Electrical
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost