Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe, rolling offset

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mario
2530 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe, rolling offset

Has anyone been successful in creating a rolling offset with the piping tools. using 45 degree elbows, should be fairly simple, but not cooperating. thakns
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: mario

Is this what you mean:
http://www.screencast.com/users/MartinSchmidADSK/folders/Jing/media/8146aa93-01ef-43f5-812a-0df0ec1c7f18

Your issue may be that the pipe routing preference you are using doesn't have any 45 elbows.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

You can change the routing prefrence to use 45 degrees elbows.

OR one way around it is:

As your're drawing the pipe, in the properties box, change your slope to 45, draw a piece of pipe and then change your slope back to 0. You can then go back and adjust your elevation as neccessary.
Message 4 of 7
mario

Yes, that helps, I am used to using Bently Plant space products (much more user friendly). Thank you

I am able to use 45 degree elbows now, but is it possible to use 45 degree elbow with a 45 deg lateral in a run? or beter yet a 45 deg elbow with a 45 deg weld-o-let or take off?

Thank you again for the help!
Message 5 of 7
mario

Yes, that helps, I am used to using Bently Plant space products (much more user friendly). Thank you

I am able to use 45 degree elbows now, but is it possible to use 45 degree elbow with a 45 deg lateral in a run? or beter yet a 45 deg elbow with a 45 deg weld-o-let or take off?

Thank you again for the help!
Message 6 of 7
Martin__Schmid

Something like this?
http://www.screencast.com/users/MartinSchmidADSK/folders/Jing/media/ba5db4a1-6471-4932-aa5c-f58220e8d4ff
Again, it is going to come down to what parts you have defined available in your routing preference.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
mario

Yup, that is what I need, I guess I just need to get used to the process and better aquainted, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost