Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe outlet rotation issues

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
djacob01
254 Views, 0 Replies

Pipe outlet rotation issues

I'm working on a project in AutoCAD MEP 2011 in which I need to put pipe outlets on the top and on the bottom of a length of pipe. However, outlet placement is behaving VERY strangely. First of all, when i place an outlet on a pipe, it will automatically snap to a certain direction, and cannot be placed facing in another direction. I cannot rotate the outlet around the axis of the pipe to place it at another angle, I need to actually rotate the whole pipe just to move the outlet. As a result, I cannot place outlets on opposite sides of a pipe. I managed to find a workaround, using two different pipes, one rotated to have the outlet facing up, one rotated to have the outlet facing down, then connecting the two. However first of all this is a huge pain, and second of all, when there's only one outlet on a length of pipe, autocad refuses to keep the outlet in the same place when rotating the pipe. It always moves to the end of the pipe. From this position, I cannot move the outlet from the end of the pipe, or copy out a new one to the position I want. It  just won't let me. So how do work around this? it's driving me insane.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost