Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric parts I created do not show up in Catalog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wcricple
609 Views, 3 Replies

Parametric parts I created do not show up in Catalog

I have created some simple parametric parts, endcaps with taps in them. they work fine in my catalog.

I shared them with a coworker by copy and pasting duct catalogs . But the parts don't appear in their catalog even after regenerating and /or migrating the catalog. I also, copied and changed a mitred elbow and that shows up , but not the other parts. When you browse the duct catalog through the Content Builder you can find the parts. I opened the edit parts.Then checked the validation and opened the "options" dialog and made sure the "hide parts" check box was unchecked and then resaved the part. Still doesn't show up in the duct catalog. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kbrown2011
in reply to: wcricple

Check to make sure that the part does not have a duplicate name or guid number.  If it is in a seperate catalog you can move it to the top of the list.  If the part appears then you know it is a duplicate part and you need to modify the name or the guid.  To change a guid you can just copy the part using the catalog editor and rename it and then delete the original.

Message 3 of 4
wcricple
in reply to: kbrown2011

Thanks,

I'll have to try the solution to copy and rename, resave the parts.

I can't see how the parts would have been duplicated but if the procedure works, fine.

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: wcricple

Were you able to resolve your issue?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost