Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No part found error - Can't draw pipes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
prettwd
1362 Views, 1 Reply

No part found error - Can't draw pipes

I'm not extremely familiar with MEP, but very familar with Civil 3D. So I may be missing something very obvious with part catalogs or something to do with part catalogs.

Anyways, this morning I could only draw pipes as with a "placeholder" part. Downloaded the service pack, rebooted, and everything seems to be working fine. I've been cruising through some pipes today. Then after I draw a pipe with the "Natural Gas" System (after drawing many pipes in the Steam, Steam Condensate Return, and Chilled Water Systems), I can no longer draw any pipes due to an error after PIPEADD command that says "No Part Found - The current catalog contains no parts which could be automatically inserted in this situation." I click "Ignore and Continue" and the command ends. Can't change the Routing preference, tried to start a pipe from the Piping Tool Palette and got the same error.

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
prettwd
in reply to: prettwd

So I found a work-around, but not all parts are working correctly that are in the part catalog. If I begin the command by clicking on one of the pipes under "By System and Routing Preference" in the Piping Tool Palette, I am able to get the command to start and can change the System, Routing Preference, and other properties here. Still, something is fishy here...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost