Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Hidden Lines with Custom MVparts.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
toddn
473 Views, 8 Replies

NO Hidden Lines with Custom MVparts.

For some reason, my custom MVparts are not displaying hidden lines. It's my custom made parts only. Anybody know why this is happening and how to correct it?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rdswords
in reply to: toddn

Well after SP2, no MvParts will generate hidden lines for me. Now, only the MEP objects (pipe, duct, conduit, etc.) interact with each other in regards to display representations. I'm pretty sure this is on the list of things that will be resolved in the next release. I'd be ecstatic if they could just issue a hotfix for the problem, but I'm sure it's not likely to happen.
Message 3 of 9
abmeador

I'm in ABS07...I have heard that some MvParts require their top view and/or symbolic view to either be above or below the rest of the blocks in order for them to hide, or be hidden by duct or pipe. It was quite awhile ago when I heard this.

You might try moving your top view or bottom view blocks inside of your MvPart dwg and seeing if that helps.
Message 4 of 9
AddisCAD

Did anybody figured a solution for this issue. I am using MEP 2008. Please help
Message 5 of 9
bcpratt

I'm interested in a solution as well - I'm also using MEP 2008 and having the same issue. Thanks.
Message 6 of 9
AddisCAD

Anybody? I am having problem seeing hidden line duct and pipe and risers when using my custom MVparts.
Message 7 of 9
bcpratt

The problem is a known issue in MEP 2008 and was supposedly fixed in 2009. This is what I was told by Autodesk Support:

Workaround: "...place a small piece of pipe along any part of the Mvpart that should be hiding the objects underneath. The small pipe would cause the objects underneath to display hidden lines as expected. The "temporary" pipe could then be placed on a non-plot layer."

HTH

Bryan
Message 8 of 9
AddisCAD

Thanks, so adding just a piece of pipe will make it work. I will try that.
Message 9 of 9
AddisCAD

Did not work for me, or I did not understand how to do it. Please explain more. I am trying to get the ducts under the MVPART show hidden and show the rise up and down hidden too. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost