Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Space or Paper button missing from my Application Status Bar

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
7634 Views, 6 Replies

Model Space or Paper button missing from my Application Status Bar

2008 MEP On my system the “Application Status Bar” has the “Model Space or Paper Space button: Toggles between layouts” is missing (there must be a variable not set to show them)
Does anyone know how to turn them back on?

Now I’ve seen the button in two display modes

1. a single button where the words change between “paper & model”

2. or two buttons, one for each.

And then followed by a two triangle button & by a maximize viewport button.

I have the model & layout tabs on the drawing status bar
But when in layout, if you type mspace it still does not let you set the layer status for the current layout plots.

I have not tryed tilemode yet as a work around.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdswords
in reply to: Anonymous

At the bottom right of the screen there is a small black arrowhead pointing down. Click it and select the paper/model item.
Message 3 of 7
rhouse

i've tried to replicate your situation... i'm not sure i understand... can we get a screen-shot posted?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

while i'm not sure what the problem is but i'll try anyway.

if you have the tabs at lower right part of the drawing area but not the model/paper toggle buttons, right click on any of the tabs and select hide tabs. the toggle buttons will now show.

if you dont have the tabs but need them, right-click on either of the toggle buttons and select display tabs
Message 5 of 7
ComputerAddict

I Think i know what your talking about... I have the same problem.. Does it look like this?

Anyone knowing how to fix this would be amazing.. I hate having to type "PSPACE" to get out of model views, and having to often lock/unlock viewports because i can not easy get out of modelspace.
Message 6 of 7
ComputerAddict

Gah, Solved my own problem after messing around a Bit..

Sorry for reviving such and old thread... Didn't realize it when i found it via google.

Anyways, Solution in Pic
Message 7 of 7
CADD_Maven

I also apologize for exhuming this old post, but this is no solution. I'm using Civil 3D 2008, and my "Paper/Model" button is also constantly turning itself off. I don't think this habitual loss of the "Paper/Model" button was mentioned in the post, but I believe it is the main reason some of us are looking for this button in the first place. The button was always visible in previous versions of AutoCAD flavors. I appreciate the fix that was mentioned in this post. I did not know that I could click on the black arrow to get the list of status bar buttons. I've been right-clicking on the razor thin space between the buttons to get this list. It's tricky, but I've gotten good at it. Now I can easily click on the arrow. Yes!

My obtuse work-around aside, my main concern is that this problem still isn't resolved. Why was the button off in the first place? Why do I have to keep second guessing myself in every new version of AutoCAD? Why does my "Paper/Model" button stay on for a while, and then one day, mysteriously turn off, forcing me to go down there and turn it back on? I'm always doing this. Why, why, why? Should this problem be elevated to Autodesk, or am I kidding myself to think that they should care about the consistency of their products' GUI?

Does anyone know of an AutoCAD system variable that I can put in a LISP to turn this thing on ever single stinking time that I start AutoCAD. Apparently Autodesk can't do it right, so I'll fix it myself. Anyone want to help me, this bitter Civil 3D user?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost