Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Catalogs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
505 Views, 4 Replies

Missing Catalogs

I've got one computer out of 12 that won't bring up the ADT catalogs. I've re-installed the program several times and tried to repair it but the catalogs are all greyed out (indicating that the system can't find the files). How can I reset the system? Win2000 Thanks, Doug Broad
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this happen to me once. It was right after I installed and started the usual customizing. Here's what I had to do.

In the Options Dialog Box, with the 'Building Systems Catalogs' Tab selected, you're going to have to fill in all those path listings with the default path.

I found all that I needed in this file location on my pc.

I hope that helps...

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Building Systems 2004\R16.0\enu\Aecb Catalogs 4\

You might have to change how your folders are viewed in order to browse to that location. Some of the folders are 'hidden'.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Nick. I appreciate it. After the third re-install, I gave up and deleted the entire catalog content in the browser and added back by hand by browsing for each catalog I can't believe no one could explain what directory, file or registry key is held after an uninstall that would affect the initial catalog setup. "Nick" wrote in message news:6731133.1078319265685.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I had this happen to me once. It was right after I installed and started the usual customizing. Here's what I had to do. > > In the Options Dialog Box, with the 'Building Systems Catalogs' Tab selected, you're going to have to fill in all those path listings with the default path. > > I found all that I needed in this file location on my pc. > > I hope that helps... > > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Building Systems 2004\R16.0\enu\Aecb Catalogs 4\ > > You might have to change how your folders are viewed in order to browse to that location. Some of the folders are 'hidden'.
Message 4 of 5
ABassell

I am having the same problem with MEP 2012 with no catalog content. I changed the customization file in options to the MEP.cuix

I changed the pallet location so I can get piping tools pallet to come up. but there are no catalogs of piping items.

I think I understand about adding catalogs in the MEP catalog tab in options but don't see any to select.

I am looking in program data \ autodesk\mep202\enu\support\workspace catalogs... and elsewhere.

I see things such as doors, etc only.

Am I looking in wrong place, or can they be added off the install usb device?

I have installed, un-stalled 5 times, had our local IT consultant in here, etc with no solution.

Previous installs had other problems I see other have had like "unknown commands", object isolate crashing it, orbit crashing it, object viewer sometimes works, sometimes not there- or "unknown"

win 7 64 bit I7 3.4 gb chip, 16 gb ram, Quadro fx3800 w/ 1.5 gb graphic card.

With this much power, I click the nav wheel and wait 20-30 seconds for the view to change (?)

any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

Message 5 of 5
JoeVernice
in reply to: ABassell

I had the same problem, although it was during installation. The only catalogs available to install were the architectural ones, no MEP content. It seems some BDS Ultimate USB drives did not have the MEP catalogs on them. This did not occur when installing BDS Standard or BDS Premium. It is my understanding that the download works, otherwise I would contact Autodesk for a replacement USB drive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost