Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP10 Does not open the Content browser

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rikkicarey
424 Views, 2 Replies

MEP10 Does not open the Content browser

Anyone know why when I click on "Content Browser" in the ribbon, the command shows up in the command line but nothing opens...
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gregg.stanley
in reply to: rikkicarey

this is a randomly appearing issue that we at Autodesk have not nailed down the reason for. I have had it happen to me on my laptop and let dev try to find the cause to no avail.
A workaround is to go to Program files > AutoCAD MEP 2010 > and select the AecCB.exe file this is the EXE that is called when you select content browser.

BTW, i reformatted my laptop, spent 2 days reinstalling everything and the issue went away (not saying that is what you should do :)) it may be a corrupt registry or a windows issue that is causing it, but we are not sure. The exe should resolve the problem.

You can create a tool to shell out of ACAD to DOS and start the EXE:

Command: sh
OS Command: "C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\aeccb.exe"

Gregg Stanley [Autodesk]

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
rikkicarey
in reply to: rikkicarey

Thanks Greg,

I discovered that after I opened Content Brower from windows it then opens fine from within MEP10. Or at least it did immediately after I closed Content browser, I didn't get a chance to try it again yesterday (after restarting the computer)

My Next issue 😞 is: There in hardly any content in it!!!!! I have only the "My Tools" and "Content" (don't remember the name for sure, I'm at home now... but it had links to other people's online stuff) There was no MEP or Arch tools at all... Not even the Standard tool palettes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost