Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2014 Duct Layout Preferences

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Scott_Loadman
4730 Views, 6 Replies

MEP 2014 Duct Layout Preferences

Where have the duct preferences gone?  All I have is a General tab to set slope, labels and elbow options (see attachment).  How do I set default fitting parts?  I know I can temporary change them when drawing a duct by using the override in the properties palette, but that is just temporary until the command ends.  I am upgrading from 2011 so I know a lot has changed but this is ridiculous.  Anybody else have this issue?

ScottL

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Turns out the Duct Routing Preferences have been moved to the Style Manager. (DUCTPREFDEF) Even though the help file for Duct Preferences shows accessing the Fitting Settings under Duct Preferences.  Autodesk needs to update the help files.

Message 3 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Scott_Loadman

When updating from a previous version you should always read the release notes.  Since you are updating from 2011 you would need to read the release notes from 2012, 2013, and 2014.  I don't remember the exact year but I do remember that this change was documentated in the release notes for the product.  I do not doubt that the help file is incorrect.  Autodesk has a bad habit of not updating documentation when making changes to the product.

Message 4 of 7
msdinc
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Where can we get the release notes for 2014?
Message 5 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: msdinc
Message 6 of 7
pothied
in reply to: Scott_Loadman

The default fittings used when drawing ducting are controled by the routing preference that you select. You choose which routing preference you want to use in the property palette. If you want to set the default fittings you can do so by selecting Style Manager from the Manage tab and choosing HVAC Objects - Duct Part Routing Preferences.

I added screen captures for the property palette and routing preferences.

David Pothier

Message 7 of 7
ishvacengr
in reply to: pothied

I found your post helpful, however the part I am looking for is missing.

I am looking for "Rectangular Length Concentric Duct Transition US Imperial".

It is not found in the list of parts under "Duct Part Routing Preferences" - Preferences Tab: Rectangular Transitions - Concentric.

Any idea how I can find this part in the pull down menu?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost