Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP 2012 duct takeoffs

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ptrova
3395 Views, 13 Replies

MEP 2012 duct takeoffs

With rectangular duct, I have the duct routing preferences set to insert a beveled tap when starting a new run off of a duct main, yet all the program will do is add a tee and prompts me to choose a reducing transition.  Is there another setting I have to change to get it to insert a beveled fitting?

This is a drawing that I was successfully modifying yesterday with 2011 (until 2011 decided it no longer wants to load my menus or customizations or command line).  This is the very first task I've tried with MEP 2012; very frustrating.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: ptrova

Are you setting the Branch fitting option to Takeoff while routing yourduct... that is, on the Properties Palette > Advanced > Branch Fitting > Takeoff

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 14
ptrova
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Thank you! 

I'm curious as to why the properties palette overrides the duct routing preferences; but at this point, I don't really care.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 14
Martin__Schmid

What Duct Routing Preference are you referring to?  A duct part routing preference allows you to specify both a Tee and a Takeoff... so you need to specify which one you want to use when routing.  Is there another setting you're seeing somewhere else?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 14
ptrova
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

within the Style Manager, which I get to from the top menu bar "Manage>Style & Display>Style Manager>HVAC Routing Preference" 

A PDF of the Style Manager dialog box is attached, and you'll notice that the beveled take-off is selected.

I see now the properties palette takes on a much bigger role in this version.

Message 6 of 14
Martin__Schmid

Noe that you also have a definition for a 'Tee' in the same screenshot.

The takeoff vs. tee in 2012 is on the Palette as you have found... the same setting prior to 2012 was burried (re attached)

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 14

Hello Marting,

When I click on the Duct Preferences button on the Manage Ribbon in AMEP 2012 I don't get all the tabs you have in the jpg attached to your post.

Any idea why?  I ran a repair and still nothing.

Message 8 of 14

The screenshot with the tabs is from 2011.  Duct was overhauled in 2012, and most of the settings on the various tabs were integrated into the Properties Palette that is used when adding duct or flex duct.  Refer to the attached zip which contains a series of images showing the new locations.  There are a few settings that I forgot where they went off the top of my head... I'll try to get clarification.

HTH

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 14

Thx Martin.

Message 10 of 14

After placing several diffusers i noticed that there are some foreign objects appearing and when i try to delete them the difussers disappear.

See attached jpg

Message 11 of 14

was there a question there 😉  ?

I can't really diagnose from the image.. can you post a simple drawing repro'ing the issue?

Can you repro the issue in a new drawing?

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 14

the small lengths of round ductwork above the difussers when selected include the difusser. When deleted the difusser disappears also

Message 13 of 14
ElSid1

ARRRG!  Found your zip a little too late.  Is there a site where the differences are noted?  Got a 64 bit machine and they loaded 2012 ... will look at 2013 shortly.  These little quirks should be easier to find

Message 14 of 14
Keith.Brown
in reply to: ElSid1

As far as the differences go there is a rule of thumb to follow for the ductwork.  If it is a preference or used to be part of the ductadd dialog then it was moved to the property palette.  If you would like to see where the old ui elements moved to in MEP 2012 then check out this blog post.

http://inside-the-system.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/08/new-duct-user-interface-in-autocad-mep-2012.h...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost