AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

jmg4142
Message 1 of 5 (299 Views)

MEP 2010 Research Files

299 Views, 4 Replies
08-05-2012 06:13 AM

Hi ,

After reading some of your post , and trying them myself I'm unable to find the training files. I tried C:\Program Files\AutoCAD MEP 2010\Help, right clicked on CHM file, clicked properties, but could not find unblock. Due to being almost totally new to cad generally, I feel these training files will be beneficial to me, so I can progress with learning about cad and MEP. Can somebody advise me please on how to find the files, or post me a link to find them.

Many Thanks

Joe

*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 2 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: MEP 2010 Research Files

08-08-2012 12:57 PM in reply to: jmg4142

Don't know exactly what training files you are looking for, but here are some website links to help you learn. You can also access the program's help files by pressing the 'F1' key while in AutoCAD.

Autodesk links:

AutoCAD MEP Online Help

AutoCAD MEP Documentation and Tutorials

AutoCAD Documentation

Helpful websites:

CAD Corner

CAD Tutor

Draftsperson.net

HTH ~ Mary

jmg4142
Message 3 of 5 (276 Views)

08-08-2012 02:55 PM in reply to: MarySeufert
Hi Mary, Thank you for answering my e-mail. It appears that when downloading MEP 2010 a file has not been copied over. According to the AutoCad MEP 2010 Kracken Tutorial manual it's the Building Research File MEP M. I have read that it allows you to practice using the program. Sorry this is a little vague but I'm very new to cad . I will also use the links you've sent me to see if it resolves the issues I have. Thanks again. Kind Regards Joe Griffith
*Expert Elite*
MarySeufert
Message 4 of 5 (275 Views)

08-08-2012 04:12 PM in reply to: jmg4142

Try the second link in my first reply, it has the tutorial data sets. If I am remembering correctly, I never got the .chm tutorial documents to work, so I used the PDF version instead.

~ Mary

jmg4142
Message 5 of 5 (269 Views)

08-09-2012 01:24 AM in reply to: MarySeufert
Hi Mary, Thank you for your help , I'll give that a try this evening. Kind Regards Joe Griffith

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community