Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts not what's in acad.pgp

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cmathewson
2240 Views, 5 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts not what's in acad.pgp

I just upgraded to AutoCAD MEP 2012. After some finaggling, I got it to behave how I like it to. However, I'm having a problem with the acad.pgp file.

For example, when I enter D on the keyboard, it initiates the DIST command. However, I want D to initiate the OFFSET command. When I go to Tools > Customize > Edit Program Parameters, D is set to DIMSTYLE. At the bottom of the file, it lists "User Defined Command Aliases" and D, *OFFSET is listed there.

But why is AutoCAD running DIST for the D shortcut? Is it looking at a different PGP file than I am?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rmiller1973
in reply to: cmathewson

Since it is taking you to the PGP file I would suggest re-initializing the PGP file (setvar "re-init" 16). Otherwise the only thing I could think of is verifying that your PGP is using the same formatting.

If you have your PGP file from the previous version you can try to replace that one out with it as well.

Message 3 of 6
cmathewson

I tried using REINIT a few times, but it doesn't change anything.

After getting fed up with 2012, I went back to 2011, and it's doing the same thing. This leads me to believe that something got fudged up when 2012 tried to import the settings and PGP file during installation. But I have no idea what, and therefore no idea how to fix it.

Message 4 of 6
Keith.Brown

I have found that you should never ever ever ever ever import settings when doing a install.  And in case you didnt quite understand that. NEVER import settings when doing an install.  I believe I read a post a while back where someone from autodesk chimed in and said it was strongly recommended that you don't import settings when doing an install of MEP.  It always causes more problems than what it is worth.

Oh yea.....I almost forgot to mention that you should never import settings when installing autocad mep.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6
TheRuinner13
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hello,

Was this ever resolved? I am having very similar results with my alias execution.

Thanks,

Bill

Windows 7 Pro, HP Z400 w/Dual Acer Monitors, 24G Ram, AutoCAD 2013~2015e
Message 6 of 6
TheRuinner13
in reply to: TheRuinner13

My CAD Manager had me unload our custom Autolisp. That got my laiases working.

Windows 7 Pro, HP Z400 w/Dual Acer Monitors, 24G Ram, AutoCAD 2013~2015e

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost