Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to put the UCS Icon in the right corner?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jmcfaddn
615 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to put the UCS Icon in the right corner?

My pallets tend to block the UCS Icon. Is there a way to move the UCS Icon to the bottom right corner instead of the bottom left?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jmcfaddn

Hi,

The other way to solve the problem is setting the
pallets 'Transparency'.

Right click the pallet title bar \ Transparency...\
drag the scroll bar to More \ OK.

Thanks.

Qi Liang

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
My
pallets tend to block the UCS Icon. Is there a way to move the UCS Icon to the
bottom right corner instead of the bottom left?
Message 3 of 4
jmcfaddn

Nice thought, but not practical. With a black background and my toolbars over there along with the drawing elements, if you modify the pallet's transparency you cannot see the utilities on the pallet to be able to distinguish them.
Message 4 of 4
bil-with-one-L

You can set the UCS origin to someplace other than 0,0 and turn on the setting for "Display at UCS origin point", the problem being that as soon as you zoomed into an area that didn't include your new UCS origin point it would default back to where it currently is that you are trying to move it away from. -- a neat fix for you i suppose would be a little lisp routine that would look at your current view and locate the lower right point and reset the ucs origin to that... or that minus some distance in the X plus some distance in the Y that would allow the ucs to sit in your lower right. of course each time you changed your zoom you would have to have an icon that you could click to activate that, it's probably even easy to write. -- ultimately it would be best if Autodesk would just let us choose to have it display in an alternative location than where it currently lives by default. -- and one final note... I work in model space and I have it divided into two vertical viewports... I have one pallet located just right of the left edge of my screen, one just left of the right edge of my screen, and one just right of the line that separates the two viewports. I have the auto-hide on and the transparency at 50%. I too use a black background and this seems to be working well for me. I also don't use any side toolbars and the scroll bars aren't displayed... I like drawing area real estate. -- that's the best I can offer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost