Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Solidworks into MEP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
670 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Solidworks into MEP

I watched the video re new features in 2012 and saw where the abiltiy to import Solidworks files was now a feature.  I upgraded and tried it but Solidworks file types are not listed in the File>Import> pulldown for file types.  I rewatched the video and they are in there and in the Help file it shows them.  Do you need to have Solidworks installed on the same computer for the command to work?  Does MEP not have the same capability of vanilla Autocad to import?  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After requesting tech support I found out that MEP does not have the same functionality for the import command that vanilla Autocad 2012 has.  You have to install and use Inventor Fusion.

Shouldn't MEP have everything vanilla Autocad has PLUS extras?  That's my expectation...

Using Fusion I was able to import some but not all Solidworks files.  It appears to work on older .SLDPRT files but not the latest 2011 version.

So a new tool that sort of works..... Thanks?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost