Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add to Hover Over (Pipe/Conduit)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DuckDuckMoose
3593 Views, 2 Replies

How to add to Hover Over (Pipe/Conduit)

Hello,

I am trying to get it so that my "hover over" display shows the "description" of the pipe as well. Screenshot is attached of what I currently see when I hover over a conduit. It currently displays the elevation, size, routing preference & system when I hover over a conduit in AutoCAD MEP.

I want it to also show the 'description' of the conduit as well, which I added to the pipe in my properties dialogue. For instance if I put "service room A3B2" for a certain pipe in the 'descripton' box in properties, I would like to see "Service Room A3B2" when I hover over it - just like I see "Size Name", "Routing Preference", "System" and "Elevation".

Anybody have an answer for this?

Thanks a bunch!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: DuckDuckMoose

Unfortunately that is not possible to do.  There are only 6 items that are available for display on the tooltips for MEP items and description is not one of them.  They are

1. Size Name
  2. Style Name
  3. Routing Preference
  4. System
  5. Elevation
  6. Slope

You can find the options to turn them on and off in the CUI menu under Rollover Tooltips and then select MEP Objects.

You can completely customize the display of the tooltips if you would like to try your hand at customizing autocad mep through .net or objectarx.  If you are interested in something like that then take a look at this blog post.  http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2009/07/providing-information-on-aut...

Using this article and other posts throughout the net I was able to create custom tooltips that received its information from a property set.  So anything I added to the property set was included in the tooltip.  Formatting the text correctly was a little difficult as I have been unable to figure out how to use the API to modify the look of the tooltip so it was difficult to get the columns to line up.  To solve this problem i used another third party tool called Periscope that has its own api that allowed me to completely customize the tooltips to how i liked them.  It even has the ability to display pictures in the tooltip.I am sure that there are other methods that are available if you are proficient at .NET so it might be worthwile looking into.  Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 3

Thank you very much, that was a lot of help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost