Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Duct Lines

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1147 Views, 7 Replies

Hidden Duct Lines

We have one drawing where the lower duct is shown broken with hidden lines (correct) where ducts cross and another drawing in the same job where the lower duct is broken but displays solid (incorrect). I have compared how Representation by Objects in Display Manager and they appear to be set the same.

Anyone know where I should be looking to show lower ducts as hidden? (btw, mv parts act correctly as hidden on both drawings).
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sure someone else here can help you better but since I saw you just posted, here's what I'd check first: Are both drawings set to the same display configurataion (mechanical-duct, electrical, etc... the menu is at bottom of window beside the annotation scale)? And also, are your annotation settings the same in both drawings (scale, visability, etc, also at the the bottom of the window)?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I believe them all to be the same - they did come from the same template. But yes, the scale is sthe same, visibility is set to show all, cut plane hgt identical.

Just an fyi, on the drawing where the ducts show as solids, the duct fittings show as hidden!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Could you attach the drawings to the forum? I'll take a look.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have detached architectual and attached our mech file.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

type 'displaymanager' at the command line

from the left hand side tree, select the drawing you're working in-> Representations by Object -> Duct -> Plan -> Layer/Color/Linetype Tab

For the 'Contour - Hidden' display component change the layer to 'M-Hidn-Std-High', and both the color and linetype to 'BYLAYER'

If you compare this to the Duct Fitting settings (which work properly), you'll find a lot of other things are different you might also want to change as well. These must have somehow all got reset to layer 0 and BYBLOCK at some point.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Does that work?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

It worked - sort of. It corrected the hidden duct display but did some funky things with our flex duct. What did fix the problem was to take our work and insert it in a blank drawing from our template. That seemed to correct all display questions.
I just don't know how those settings changed in the first place and why we could not seem to fix the issue without causing new problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost