AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Folatwins
Message 1 of 4 (274 Views)

FONT CHANGES

274 Views, 3 Replies
03-16-2013 06:45 AM

May I know why font changes each time I copy from the paper space in an old sheet to a new one? 

Valued Contributor
s.lawrence
Message 2 of 4 (249 Views)

Re: FONT CHANGES

03-18-2013 12:44 AM in reply to: Folatwins

Check the style of text you are cutting and pasting. Type ST at the command line.

You'll probably find that the style you are copying exists in the new drawing and uses a differnt font.

Folatwins
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

03-18-2013 08:17 AM in reply to: s.lawrence

Thank you for responding. Does it then mean that if I'm copying an existing font it will be overridden? I need more clarifications please. Thanks.

Valued Contributor
s.lawrence
Message 4 of 4 (238 Views)

03-18-2013 08:24 AM in reply to: Folatwins

If you type 'ST' at the command line and press enter, it will bring up the 'Text Style manager box. In the left window will be a list of the existing styles in your drawing. With each of these styles will be associated a font name, a height, width factor etc. If you copy text of this style (for example, style 'Romans') into a drawing which also contains the same style name ('Romans'),when you paste the text will inherit the style in the new drawing.

There may be a couple of other reasons this may be happening, but I would imagine this is the correct one..

Stu

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community