Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting 3D Electrical conduit info to use for pre-fabrication/scheduling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RedMan77
1160 Views, 2 Replies

Extracting 3D Electrical conduit info to use for pre-fabrication/scheduling

Is it possible to use information taken from AutoCAD MEP to use for pre-fabrication/scheduling for electrical conduits and cable tray? I know there is add-on software that really leverages mechanical and plumbing dating back to Building Systems 2007 but not electrical . Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially from electrical folks who have already gone down this road and can shed some light. As good as 3D is, it does little for the field installers until we get it out of the computer and add all the necessary 2D Annotation and elevation/sections. Revit MEP and AutoCAd MEP are geared for the engineering side and not the field side. We have managed to get some great stuff from AutoCAD MEP but can do more to help the field maximize the 3d drawings to make the installation more efficient. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: RedMan77

Before my company bought the East Coast Cad software addin i did all of our spool drawings manually. You can easily do this with the conduit and fittings using scheduling. You just need to make sure you have the correct property sets added to your conduit and your fittings and then using scheduling and tagging you should be able to create a nice set of fabrication drawings.

This is a nice little site that explains it all better than what I could. I see no reason why you can't use the concepts here and apply them to conduit and fittings.

http://autodeskmep.wordpress.com/2009/09/20/autocad-mep-2010-schedules/
Message 3 of 3
smbrennan
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Keith,

My company is pressing pretty hard for prefab now, and my task is to be able to model 3D conduits, and eliminate the large benders on the jobsite.

I'm not too family with Spool drawings. Did you actually accomplish this for conduit? Did you factor full sticks, accomdate gains, limit minimum stub lengths?

If you have, I'd like to (try to) learn more, even if you can point me in the right direction of how to modify ACAD MEP to create this spool drawing.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost