Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Parametric Parts in Excel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1025 Views, 3 Replies

Editing Parametric Parts in Excel

I've got a bunch of parametric parts I need to create, only the Wizard is a real pain to work with.

Is there any way I can export the parts files into Excel so I can create with a better user interface? If not Excel, is there any other program I can edit in?

Cheers.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
info
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you can
do it with excel.

Just copy the whole sheet into an (empty) excel file.
Now you have to edit it.
If you have added any Colums or rows in the sheet in excel, you have to add manually the same number in the parametric wizzard from MEP.
Afterwards you can do it the same way back with copy and paste from excel to MEP.

J.C. Edited by: info@ib-sst.de on May 26, 2010 7:13 PM
Joeycool

MEP 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (DACH)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Where's this sheet I can copy+paste? It doesn't seem like I can select multiple cells within the Parametric Parts Wizard.

As an aside, can you help me figure out what ND1 actually is? We're trying to make some more piping sizes by using the PPW to create more sizes of connections/elbows/wyes/etc, but every time we start entering numbers and inserting the part, we get all sorts of sizing issues.
Message 4 of 4
info

Where's this sheet I can copy+paste? It doesn't seem like I can select multiple cells within the Parametric Parts Wizard.

Of course you can, its like everywhere in windows: in the MEP wizzard you select the top left value you want to copy and use the shift tab to mark the rest, where's the Problem?

The ND* value is the "name" of the size. For Example take a look at the steel pipes: The D* value is the real outside Diameter the ND* value is the name of this Size. 20=3/4", 25= 1", 32= 1,1/4" etc.

J.C.
Joeycool

MEP 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (DACH)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost