Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing everything in other scales (scaling problem)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bhabdi
653 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing everything in other scales (scaling problem)

Hi dear friends, I have been using all versions of AutoCAD for years but I am new to MEP. I am HVAC engineer.

I am using MEP 2010, and my problem is my maps which I received from the Architect are in 1:50 or 1:100 scales. Unfortunately when I want to draw the Ducts, Equipments, pipes and others, they are all in 1:1 scale. I do not want to rescale my maps to 1:1. Is there any other way to draw everything in smaller scales?

P.S: I should mention that my problem is not with texts (annotation scales) my problem is with everything I should draw as a HVAC engineer and they are very bigger than my maps. For example a simple diffuser is 100 times bigger than my whole map. It is because I can not draw my equipments and ducts and pipes in a 1:100 or 1:50 scales.

Please help my with this problem, it may has a simple answer but I do not know it. Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bhabdi
in reply to: bhabdi

No idea? Does anyone know what shall I DO?

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: bhabdi

Autocad MEP is not a program that is meant to scale their content.  You could do it, but you would have to replace all of the equipment with 1/100 scale replicas.  The only answer I see available is to scale your drawing up by 100 draw your layout and then scale it back down.

Btw, if you are drawing in model space, you should always draw at 1:1 scale anyway.  Drawing at a scale other than that is just plain silly.  Paper space is for scaling, not model space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost