Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do MEP Objects Respect the Cut Plane?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
anovelli
562 Views, 3 Replies

Do MEP Objects Respect the Cut Plane?

This is hopefully a very simple question. I think I know the answer. Just wanted fellow AUGI Users take on this. Do the MEP Objects (Pipe, Fittings, MV Parts,etc) respect the Cut Plane Feature? So far I think the answer is NO since I have fiddled with it and was NOT able to get ANY MEP Objects to display properly when I changed the CUT PLANE values. The Architecture Objects DO respect the cut plane and seem to work. But the MEP Objects do NOT cooperate. Any thoughts or conformation on this? Please let me know. I am using Architecture and MEP 2008. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Martin__Schmid
in reply to: anovelli

The answer is yes and no.

In general, the MEP objects do NOT respect the cut plane, however, new in 2008 is the ability for Duct domain componets (ducts, flex ducts, duct fittings, custom duct fittings) to 'display by elevation'. (Options > MEP Display Control > Enable Display by Elevation).

Refer to the documentation for more information.

HTH,
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
anovelli

Thanks for response. Are there any plans to add this capability into the next Version of MEP 2009? It would make cutting the 2D Plans MUCH easier. Please let me know.
Message 4 of 4
SLDBrown

Hello,

I know I'm late to this party but my issue is partialy relevant. I am using MEP 2012. I established my Cut Plane variables but not all my piping shows.The pipes are from the same pipe system but some show and some don't. the Cut Plane isn't showing me any respect. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Steve 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost