Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Visual Styles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
388 Views, 1 Reply

Different Visual Styles

I am workign on an hospital project where I need to graphically show the overall dimension of the duct including the TDX connections as wellas the insulation. What I did to accomplish this is change the display to show the duct with a very thin, hidden line while changing the insulation to be the oriiganal contour color. the duct "appears as if it is lined duct but it is not. The dimension annotation still shows the inside clear dimension of the duct while giving the top and bottom elevtions by referencing the insulation. (20x12 duct shows as 9' BOD and 11' TOD but the annotation correctly reads 20x12 SA, as it should).

The above is fantastic, works like a charm and gets the job done. But since only supply and return air are wrapped with the 2" insulation, my exhaust air duct needs to show as it normally would. So I select the duct, right click, edit duct style, style override the display representation and set the settings back to what they initially were as stock parts. Unfortunately, any other same size duct that is return or suppy now take on the same display. BAD!

Is there a way to style override specific objects rather than the entire drawing that contains the same size parts?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jason.estas
in reply to: Anonymous

kayrondad,

May I say I have also been at this point, and I hope I might be able to help you out here. The way which i overcame this problem was to set up different duct system definitions in the "Style Manager" i.e. Supply Duct 25mm (Metric here in Australia) Supply Duct 0mm e.t.c You can also control the hatching with overrides within the Style Manager. I also looked at the Overall display of the Duct in the "Display Manager", I set up the initial display I wanted to achieve and then went about modifying/creating my duct styles in the Style Manager.

Hope this helps, if you need more assistance please let me know.

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost