Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut plane in vanilla Acad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GilesPhillips
764 Views, 2 Replies

Cut plane in vanilla Acad

I've got a model of some structural steelwork, created in MEP (Architecture) that I want to use in vanilla autocad.

Problem is that regular autocad seems to display in plan view with a default cut-plane (1400mm) regardless of how I set the various display configurations in MEP(arch). I need to move the cut plane up (a lot). Any thoughts as to how I can do this?

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: GilesPhillips

If you are going to be using the steel in vanila autocad and you will have no reason to edit it again then i would suggest just converting them to 3D solids.  You can do this using the CONVERTTO3DSOLID command.  I would do it to a copy of the original file as to not destroy your original work.

If you have your heart set on using the original steel then i would look into how the steel displays in the STANDARD display configuration.  I cannot verify it but i would take a guess that the display of steel in this display representation is what vanila autocad is using.

Message 3 of 3
GilesPhillips
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I'd prefer not to convert to 3d solid, however I guess that could be used as a workaround for now.

I've already set the 'standard' display configuration to the correct cut-plane elevation for my needs, however I think something overrides this.

edit: Duh! just realized that I'm missing the obivous. the metalwork file displays fine in vanilla autocad when opened on it's own. It doesn't display right when xreffed into another file.

Perhaps I should be looking at the settings of the other file? Doh!

ACad, MEP, Revit, 3DS Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost