AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 11 of 11 (213 Views)

Re: Custom Properties in our MvPart Catalogs.

09-22-2012 01:51 PM in reply to: Keith.Brown

If I am understanding you...  then Yes... this is the behaviour I am seeing...

If you use Add Multi-view Part (MvPartAdd) dialog and the detials pane is open, then you see a list of all the parts along with all their properties... each avaliable part sizes properly shows the ElevToBtmAdj that I've assigned to each... But if you go to Part Filter Tab and manually type in EleToBtmAdj that doesn't match up with a part, that is when you get 'The desired part does not exist in the size needed in the current catalog and the part does not support custom sizing'. Click OK you then get 'Part Size Not Found' dialog with option to Ignore and continue' OK and HEP button.

The 'DecSize' property I also added to the definition (used to sort the parts when scheduled), is also available and can be selected from. The behaviour is the same with this property also. I would rather not have these two properties available to the user ... but if I turn their visiblity off... then I cannot use them as I need for sorting the schedule and in calculations to modify the locationZ elevation. (the part needs to insert at one point, but the LocationZ needs to be modified to show the elevation I want in the schedule.

Ideas?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community