Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Electrical device by modifying the built-in devices

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TravelTheWorld
666 Views, 2 Replies

Creating an Electrical device by modifying the built-in devices

Hi all,

I have been trying to create an wall mounted occupancy switch device by manipulating one of the switch blocks in "Switches (US Imperial)" dwg file, however, my identification text appears too small when I insert it on a drawing.

All I did was to go to Electrical Device Style and made a copy of Weather Proof Switch and modified WP_M_P block and saved it as OC_M_P since I needed OC identification/designation right next to my switch.

The problem is that the text "OC" appears too small to read when inserted on a drawing, and I am not sure what is causing this problem.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jason

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

It is actually a pretty easy fix on this one ... If you look at the Text1 setup on the original Weatherproof Switch you will notice that the 'Use Annotation Scale' is checked while your new Occupancy Sensor will likely not be checked.

This is caused by the way the text block (WP_M_P) was originally created. Since it was a standard block and not an annotative block from the beginning when you made a copy and assigned it to your new sensor it reset back to the default and removed the annotative property from the device.

There is a method to set the annotative scaling on by default ... using your OC_M_P as an example, when you were editing your block in the block editor there is was an option to make the block annotative on the properties tab.

Message 3 of 3

Indeed the annotation scale was unchecked. How did I miss this?

Thank you sooooo much,

Jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost