Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a kick in a conduit run?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Snowman427
1232 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a kick in a conduit run?

How do you bend a conduit in any angle on a horizontal plane, commonly refereed to as a kick?

Thanks
Randall
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Snowman427

Hi Randall -

Currently there is a limitation in conduit that requires the conduit itself
to be straight. To have curved items you have to use fittings (in this case
elbows). The easiest way to do this is generally let the suggested layout
paths come up with the solutions for you.

jason

"snowman427" wrote in message
news:f1a3e5e.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> How do you bend a conduit in any angle on a horizontal plane, commonly
refereed to as a kick?
> Thanks
> Randall
>
Message 3 of 7
jfetterly

Try to draw a poly line in the orientation you want the conduit and turn on your osnaps and draw the conduit along the poly line using your endpoint snaps. Turn off your osnaps and then connect your ends to the newly orientated conduit, you may need to go into global options and check the use non-standard parts \radio button\. After using this process you will come to understand how the program thinks and adjust for it. Hope that works, keep at it.
Message 4 of 7
EEC-CAD

I tackle this problem by:
1. drawing one conduit at the elevations needed
2. then draw the other conduit at the elevation needed (this one of course 90deg to the first)
3. then try to connect them using conduit add the program will not be able to connect them but it will ask if you want to continue say yes
4. then rotate3d the 90deg fitting to an angle you specify
5. then connect the 90deg fitting to the other run of the conduit.

Hope this helps
Message 5 of 7
EEC-CAD

Here's a visual
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

This is the method I use also. You have your two conduits at different elevations...draw a 90 on one of them...then rotate the 90 and connect it to the other conduit.

Things to watch for: make sure the end of the 90 is perfectly aligned with the end of the other conduit, and don't rotate the 90 too far for the given elevation difference...i.e. you can't use a 45 degree kick for a 1inch change in elevation. Oh and when you rotate the 90, don't rotate the conduit that it is attached to...only select the 90 degree fitting. When a conduit is rotated along its axis, you get unexpected results when need to add to that conduit run.
Message 7 of 7
rdswords

You can use polar mode within a plane, or use some relative coordinates if you have some specific dimensions defining the route. Without those, I agree about laying out a polyline path and then snapping conduit to. This method makes it much easier to offset one route into a group of conduits, and also makes it easier to work in the 3D environment (just my opinion). It's a bit easier to approximate a route with a polyline and then go back and adjust points without MEP bothering you about fitting sizes and stuff until you are ready.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost