Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Origin problem when placing to MVpart?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jmcfaddn
166 Views, 0 Replies

Connector Origin problem when placing to MVpart?

Creating a new MVPart with connections. We normally install our ductwork with the reference to the bottom of the duct, NOT to the center. All our ductwork dimensions are referenced as inches Above Finished Floor (AFF). Therefore when we enter our ductwork, our reference point is to the bottom of the duct.

Now to adding connectors to MVParts. I've created my MVPart with a point placed at the bottom of the discharge duct connection, but when I go to insert my actual connector on the MVPart, it only has a Center origin point. When actually placing my connector to my MVPart I now have the problem of with my connector center point origin not lining up with my point placed at the bottom of my ductwork connection. Is there a way to move the origin point on the connector when placing it on an MVPart.

This description is probably confusing to most, but those that are familiar with creating Block Mvparts and adding connectors should understand my dilemma, hopefully.

Any solution is much appreciated.

Jmcfaddn
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost