Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central location for toolpaltettes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
267 Views, 3 Replies

Central location for toolpaltettes

Hi,

Does anyone have any documentation on best practices for setting up toolpalettes and catalogs in a central location on the server? I am using ABS 2007.1. I seen a description of what I am looking to do on a website, please see below.

Thanks,
Jan

"Ensure that all team members have the right tools for the job. When you are working on a project, you can assign a project-specific set of tool palettes and a project-specific Content Browser library to it. This provides consistency across project drawings by removing unnecessary content from the palettes and the Content Browser. Now you can modify multiple tools on a tool palette at the same time. Simply select the tools you want to change and modify the common properties at once, streamlining the design process and improving productivity."
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to use the project browser to create a project. Then using the project navigator to create your folder structure in which to store all your drawings.

Select the first tab ie 'project' tab in the navigator and then pencil icon. Here you can setup paths to project specific tool palettes & tool catalogs.

Workflow for the project navigator is OK once you get past the construct/views/sheets jargon. I don't have any project specific tools or catalogs setup myself.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for that. I forgot all about the project navigator. I suppose you would then have to save that project as a template once all your locations are set so that every project follows the same standards?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

You can select a project in the project browser and save the epty folder structure for use on your next project. I think it's a right click option on the project file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost