Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceiling tile

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FridaP
1506 Views, 5 Replies

Ceiling tile

I am wondering how to add an extended ceiling into a 2D floor plan. Please help! 

I am using Autocad MEP 2014

Open mind. lover of knowledge
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: FridaP

The ceilinggridadd command will place a ceiling grid into your model.  There are more steps involved than just placing the grid however.

You can check out this webinar that shows how to use spaces and ceilings in an MEP environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rxTqOyVuBU&list=PLudbyTOOSbuYbFQidw-_Q5hNRIxJbYMCB

Message 3 of 6
FridaP
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you so much!!! (:

Message 4 of 6
FridaP

I have run into another bump... is there any way to add ceiling grid evenly without a polyline boundary?

I dont have any polylines in my plan. I added a polyline rectangle to try adding the grid into there and I clicked the polyline to add it and a pop up pops up and says, " Cannot find the resource string number 23639 in resource AecGuiBase70" 

Does anyone know anything i can do? or is this there another way to add ceiling grid into a plan evenly?

Message 5 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: FridaP

You can place a ceiling grid by itself and change its properties on the property palette but it is only going to show full tiles.  So if you create a 11'x11' ceiling grid with 24x24 tiles then it will only show a 5x5 grid with 24x24 tiles because it cannot fit a full tile in the leftover space.  this is why you create boundaries and let the boundary set the size of the grid.

If you add a polyline into your plan and then select the polyline and then on the property palette for the polyline at the bottom make sure that you select BOUND SPACES.  Then add your ceiling grid to the polyline and it should clip the grid outside of the polyline.

Ceiling Grid.gif

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

See when I do this, as my teacher has shown, it still show sup outside of the walls on some of my boundaries. How do you fix that? It works for about half of my boundaries, and then when I try another one, it doesn't work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost