Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Parametric MvPart to Resize.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davebillion
576 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get Parametric MvPart to Resize.

Greetings,

I created a Surface Mount Ceiling Mount Diffuser with a table of available neck sizes.

Regardless of the size selected, only the 12x6 is inserted, with the 12x6 connector.  If I do a MvPart Modify, I can select any size (6x6 all the way trough 24x4), but the part does not change and the connector remains 12x6.

I've made parametric duct fittings and parametric pipe fittings in the past, with no troubles that a little debugging couldn't fix.  This time, I'm stumped.

I've attached all appropriate files for review.  Can someone provide some insight?

Platform is AutoCAD MEP 2011.

Thank you,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: davebillion

You need to remove LenA1 and LenA2.  They are redundant and not needed.  I went into your part size name and replaced LenA1 and LenA2 with RW1 and RW2 and then deleted LenA1 and LenA2 and everything worked perfectly.  I believe the reason why it wasnt working is that you had two different lengths trying to control the same points of geometry. 

Message 3 of 3
davebillion
in reply to: davebillion

<Facepalm>

Rookie mistake.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost